Cynthia St. Charles Store

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Foot Square # 7 Naturally Dyed Raw Silk


This piece starts out as a collage of naturally dyed raw silk and cotton. The fabrics have been free motion zig zagged in place. I will screen print using Speedball ink specially formulated for fabric printing. This is available at Hobby Lobby, or most online art or dye supply outlets.


I really love this Thermofax screen.

I like the subtle nature of this print, but I wanted to give it just a bit more, so I tried coloring the petals lightly with my Sharpie paint pen.


I really like the effect created by the addition of the white paint pen. More tomorrow.

2 comments:

MarveLes Art Studios said...

me too!

Jeannie said...

Oh Cynthia, just when I think you can't amaze me more than the last piece, you throw out this! Wow! I love the subtle color changes in the silk and the screen is gorgeous. Your addition of the white adds just the right touch. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.